Naruto RPG: Reformation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Naruto RPG: Reformation. New, Reformed, Naruto RPing. Currently the site is under Re-Construction. I am sorry for the wait, to all people interested in joining, and to our wonderful loyal RPers. However, we are working to fix it ASAP.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
Latest topics
» Custom Clan App (WIP)
Experience and "The System" EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 6:20 pm by Ryuu007

» Howdy there folks
Experience and "The System" EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 3:53 am by Number Z

» BACK TO TNRPG
Experience and "The System" EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 4:53 pm by Jin Shinetsu

» 01000010 01101001 01110100 01100011 01101000 01100101 01110011 00100000 01100010 01100101 00100000 01110100 01110010 01101001 01110000 01110000 01101001 01101110 00100111
Experience and "The System" EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 6:46 pm by Mr Cold

» Lee Ihciako
Experience and "The System" EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 12:32 am by Nakago Yaiba

» Back to School
Experience and "The System" EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 10:32 pm by Keiri_Okami

» Items
Experience and "The System" EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 8:37 pm by Nakago Yaiba

» Opinions.
Experience and "The System" EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 2:09 am by Nakago Yaiba

» Changes I can make myself
Experience and "The System" EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 1:17 am by Uchiha Shinji

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

Similar topics
Word Counter
Word Length: 0

Experience and "The System"

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Moustu Kaguya
Mizukage
Mizukage
Moustu Kaguya

Dragon

Experience and "The System" Empty
PostSubject: Experience and "The System"   Experience and "The System" EmptyThu May 02, 2013 6:00 pm

Now back to business.

Our current system for Jutsu and Stats is out of my taste. Legacies Reborn had an excellent XP system. 10 Experience per post and a bonus for each completion of a mission. The current system has a 2 point per 400 words with a stat point gained every 100 points spent. With that, you'll be typing 20,000 words per stat between 1-25 stat points.

Quote :
Value of Attribute : Amount of Experience Needed To Increase It

1 - 10 : 10
11 - 20 : 20
21 - 30 : 30
31 - 40 : 40
41 - 50 : 50
51 - 60 : 65
61 - 70 : 80
71 - 80 : 90
81 - 90 : 100
91 - 100: 120

Now now ladies, calm down. This is just a prototype on what I'm suggesting. We don't want development too easy or too hard for our users so let's discuss.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Jounin
Jounin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Experience and "The System"   Experience and "The System" EmptyThu May 02, 2013 7:49 pm

true. I actually like the idea of combiing TNRPG's ad LR's systems to make one. However, can you explain that table you made some more, please Mou? I don't quite get it, lol. OR we could try to make the point system better. vote?
Back to top Go down
https://narutorpgreform.rpg-board.net
Nakago Yaiba
Hokage
Hokage

Rooster

Character sheet
Name: Nakago Yaiba
Elements: Wind, Fire, Earth
Fighting Styles: Ninjutsu Master, Fuinjutsu Master, Taijutsu Master, Iryojutsu Master

PostSubject: Re: Experience and "The System"   Experience and "The System" EmptyThu May 02, 2013 8:09 pm

20,000 words per stat is wrong, actually.

True, you get 2 points per 400 words. That's not the only way. You get 1-5 points per post for quality, 1-5 per page, and 1-5 per topic. Also, missions will grant extra points as well. So really, if you do 400 words per post, and they are wonderful posts, you can get up to 7 per post for just 400 words. 15 posts per page so about 7 will be yours minimum. 49 points plus 5 for an outstanding page is 54. Within two pages, you have one stat, or even more jutsu. Stats are designed to be built slowly because in real life, you don't just do a little exercise and get a lot of benefit. It takes months of hard work for it to pay off.
Back to top Go down
Uchiha Shinji
Otokage
Otokage
Uchiha Shinji

PostSubject: Re: Experience and "The System"   Experience and "The System" EmptyThu May 02, 2013 8:38 pm

We can give a static number of XP or even Points if we prefer to call it that (whatever "it" is, it will be the same thing no matter what) per post. I think Mou's main concern is lowering the time spent training.

Addressing what Nakago said, I can agree and prefer a harder curve, but instead of making it hard all the way around, I like to see it scale to becoming very difficult at the end, while easier in the beginning. I'm not necessarily all for Mou's current chart (though there's nothing really wrong with it), I just agree with some of his principles in this.

At its base, I'd like to see easy growth in the beginning that becomes harder as you go along.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Jounin
Jounin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Experience and "The System"   Experience and "The System" EmptyThu May 02, 2013 8:53 pm

that's understandable. And I like EXP instead of just pts. Another concern that was brought up to me by Mou is the TIME it would take a mod or admin to look over someone's topic and dish out all those points for those different attributes of the post.

If it's more than just 1 or 2 people in that thread, thats A LOT of work to be done. It might be better if we make the system simpler, or use something similar to LR or TNRPG, but still make it to where it's not too easy to gain stats and jutsu, and at the same time, not too hard, like Kye is saying.

We could maybe use a combination of word count and exp per post, with added exp for missions depending on rank and such, and use those EXP to turn in to learn the jutsu or gain stats.

Opinions?
Back to top Go down
Nakago Yaiba
Hokage
Hokage

Rooster

Character sheet
Fighting Styles: Ninjutsu Master, Fuinjutsu Master, Taijutsu Master, Iryojutsu Master

PostSubject: Re: Experience and "The System"   Experience and "The System" EmptyThu May 02, 2013 8:57 pm

It honestly doesn't take that long to look over posts. We worked hard to make this unique system, and now we're going to do something generic and old? The point of this site was to focus on rping, and now you both just want to revert to statsstatsstatsstats all over again. That's not what this site is about. The reason we aren't using those system from TNRPG or LR is because we have noticed that they DON'T work for RP-based things, and only for getting stronger.
Back to top Go down
Moustu Kaguya
Mizukage
Mizukage
Moustu Kaguya

Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Experience and "The System"   Experience and "The System" EmptyThu May 02, 2013 9:13 pm

Think about this Nakago. After 2 years and the site is booming, you wouldn't happily be reading every n00b's post request for XP. Also, beware of bias staffers giving more than what is earned.

This site is focused on RP, but you're making it against combat. Did you forget we are still Shinobi? That's like having a CoD game based on chatting with your comrades at base and seeing little action. LR has a great balance of their XP system. You can Rp or battle and still get the same amount of XP per post. And as with spars, some villages offer mission XP for a little battle for your "bonus in combat". LR promotes missions as ALL NARUTO STIES SHOULD DO for missions are a Shinobi's core activity. Sure you may get 75 XP for a spar, but doing a fun B-rank mission for 150 XP sounds better imo.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Jounin
Jounin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Experience and "The System"   Experience and "The System" EmptyThu May 02, 2013 9:16 pm

It's not going to be about stat whorring, and LR actually does make you RP. What we're doing is trying to find a middle ground. I liked both systems but by themselves, it's either overwhelming or boring. We just need something fun.

Now that I looked at Mou's chart again for the EXP, it makes sense to me. I think all we need to do is tweak what we have so that everyone is happy.

We can dish out EXP grades based on the WC, what type of topic it is (is it Character Development, is it Training (specified as Solo or Group or with Sensei), is it a Fight, is it a Mission *and what rank, is it event *with special EXP rewards decided for the specific event.

If we grade topics like that, and maybe deduct for typos and stupidity (like you try stabbing some guy you know you could never beat at your current level and get your arm broken because of it), I think that would be easier than grading for every bit of detail.

We could also award ppl EXP for the overall quality of the topic and dish out equal amounts to each participant on a scale from lets say 1-20 overall?

We could also change the numbering of the EXP and the amount of points you get, etc.

How does this sound?
Back to top Go down
Nakago Yaiba
Hokage
Hokage

Rooster

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Experience and "The System"   Experience and "The System" EmptyThu May 02, 2013 9:21 pm

Missions of course will give much more exp than everything else. I have no problem with that. The system currently makes people most better to get better stuff. Someone who posts a lame, barely 300 word post shouldn't get the same as someone who writes an epic story post of 800 words with tons of detail and makes it seem like reading an awesome book.

That's a duty of the staff- read every post. We could have a specialized group of staff do that if needed...

But I'm overruled. Do it how you feel like you want it.
Back to top Go down
Moustu Kaguya
Mizukage
Mizukage
Moustu Kaguya

Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Experience and "The System"   Experience and "The System" EmptyThu May 02, 2013 9:21 pm

Seiaryu wrote:
If we grade topics like that, and maybe deduct for typos and stupidity (like you try stabbing some guy you know you could never beat at your current level and get your arm broken because of it), I think that would be easier than grading for every bit of detail.

We could also award ppl EXP for the overall quality of the topic and dish out equal amounts to each participant on a scale from lets say 1-20 overall?

We could also change the numbering of the EXP and the amount of points you get, etc.

How does this sound?

I like the grading topics. Look at Kaichi for example. Kaichi is a man who can walk into the gates and Raikage office while successfully bombing it and "kills" Daimyo. Those actions would give the lowest score for stupidity. If I had to come up with a clever strategy to break in the gates, that'd be worth more.

I also highly suggest to broad out your XP given per post. 10 is a nice, easy to track, solid number. Of course we may tweak at our current cost, but I'm just pitching ideas.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Jounin
Jounin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Experience and "The System"   Experience and "The System" EmptyThu May 02, 2013 9:32 pm

10 sounds like a good number to me, so we'll do it in amounts of tens?

and we grade based on these things:

Number of Posts per topic
WC (with a post minimum of 300)
Typos
Type of Topic
and Quality of the Post

all of those things will decide how much EXP you get. Then ppl can use the EXP to learn their jutsu or to confirm they have gotten stronger.
Back to top Go down
Moustu Kaguya
Mizukage
Mizukage
Moustu Kaguya

Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Experience and "The System"   Experience and "The System" EmptyFri May 03, 2013 12:07 am

So lemmi see if we're at the same level:

10 XP per post
Quality Bonus
WC Bonus
Topic type (Plot)

Missions grant their own XP for completion.

Should we say double XP per post for battles or nay?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Jounin
Jounin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Experience and "The System"   Experience and "The System" EmptyFri May 03, 2013 8:54 am

Moustu Kaguya wrote:
So lemmi see if we're at the same level:

10 XP per post
Quality Bonus
WC Bonus
Topic type (Plot)

Missions grant their own XP for completion.

Should we say double XP per post for battles or nay?

Missions grant their own XP for whatever the rank of them is (lower for D rank-Higher for SS rank, you know?). We'll need a system for how many XP you can can from get from the missions. + more if the mission was plot. then also add the normal bonuses. (10 exp per post, quality bonus, WC bonus)
Back to top Go down
Moustu Kaguya
Mizukage
Mizukage
Moustu Kaguya

Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Experience and "The System"   Experience and "The System" EmptyFri May 03, 2013 9:14 am

Sounds good to me. We can handle the Mission XP elsewhere. For now, let's get a final on the bonuses.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Jounin
Jounin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Experience and "The System"   Experience and "The System" EmptyFri May 03, 2013 5:51 pm

Okay:

XP System:

basic topic grades (normal Character Development and Training Topics, and Spars)

10 XP per post
5 XP per every 300 words in a post
10 XP granted for a topic with no spelling errors (half for a topic with spelling errors, so 5)
10 XP granted for doing an excellent job at handling a situation in the topic (ie- overcoming your opponent in a spar with a clever combo of attacks and good strategy, or sneaking around without being noticed)

extra topic grades (Training w/Sensei, Event, Battle)

+5 XP per post for training with a Sensei
+ 50 XP for an Event topic participated in
+ 100 XP for winning in a battle topic which you could have been killed OR +50 for escaping a battle topic in which you could have been killed

special grades (Exceptional RPing)

+50 overall for a topic that was absolutely amazing (good plot, good character interaction, exciting, basically a good read)

now for mission grades....and we have to incorporate this XP earning system into how it will be used for stats and jutsu.

What else?

We also have to do a mission XP bonus based on the rank of the mission.

Back to top Go down
Naisu
Admin

Character sheet
Name:
Elements:
Fighting Styles:

PostSubject: Re: Experience and "The System"   Experience and "The System" EmptyFri May 03, 2013 7:11 pm

Personally as for the EXP incorporating itself into stats, (Btw, love what you all did about these issues and the systems so far, <3) as Kye mentioned earlier, it should be a medium-ish number at the beginning so it isn't difficult to advance (especially for Genin, their development shouldn't be too long from genin to experienced genin level), and then begin to gradually build up until once you reach about chuunin/special jounin level imo. Once you've reached a level where you can compete with your average chuunin/special jounin, that's where I feel a more difficult approach to getting stronger should begin. I'm just throwing numbers around for the hell of it as an example, I feel like the average joe could rack up about 35-50ish EXP per post (assuming they do about 600 words per post, and this was a solo topic). The average joe genin per post should be (imo, yall may disagree xD Also letting you know, using Mou's example chart for this) about 2 or 3 points. So with about 50ish EXP per post for the average joe, I wouldn't mind if it was like 15-20 EXP per point personally at the beginning. I have to go see Iron man 3 tho so I'll elaborate on the other tiers in my next post
As for jutsu, it should be much harder for A rank/S ranks since only Jounin and Kage level shinobi have a good number of them in their pocketbooks. Using my example of the average joe, they could gain 50ish amount of EXP per post if they are a decent RPer and do a decent amount of effort per post. So with the tiers I suggest something like this:

50 EXP: D rank
75 EXP: C Rank
100 EXP: B rank
(Here's where it gets more tricky): A rank: 200 EXP
S rank: 400 EXP
(I don't know if we're doing another tier like on TNRPG, but assuming we are) X rank (X is a variable lol): 800 EXP ( I know it seems a tad high for some , but some of these ARE THE MOST POWERFUL jutsu in the damn universe. Most of these kinds of jutsus are bijuu-damaging shiz)

Thoughts and or other suggestions? <3

EDIT: Btw glad to be pitching in stuff for you guys. Smile First official post on Parli *Snaps <3 *
Back to top Go down
Nakago Yaiba
Hokage
Hokage

Rooster

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Experience and "The System"   Experience and "The System" EmptyFri May 03, 2013 7:39 pm

D-rank Missions grant an extra 10 exp. Minimum 4 posts. 10,000-50,000 yen.
C-rank Missions grant an extra 20 exp. Minimum 8 posts. 60,000-100,000 yen.
B-rank Missions grant an extra 40 exp. Minimum 12 posts. 110,000-200,000 yen.
A-rank missions grant an extra 75 exp. Minimum 16 posts. 210,000-400,000 yen
S-rank missions grant and extra 100 exp. Minimum 20 posts. 410,000-750,000 yen.
SS-rank mission grant an extra 150 exp. Minimum 24 posts. 760,000-1,000,000 is village sponsored. PC SS missions have no set max yen.

Just a general system.

Also, I used yen because in Naruto they actually don't use ryo. Ryo are golden coins used in feudal japan. They only appear in the video games too. In the anime and manga, all money is handled by bills exchanged. Those bills are Yen, as can be seen by the price tags consisting of the Y sign with two lines in it. That is the Yen symbol. Using Ryo is a made-up thing in RP sites.
Back to top Go down
Moustu Kaguya
Mizukage
Mizukage
Moustu Kaguya

Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Experience and "The System"   Experience and "The System" EmptyFri May 03, 2013 11:51 pm

Ah yes. I'm in great favor of switching our currency from Ryo to Yen simply because it makes more sense in terms of Rp.

As for missions, I also agree with Nakago except for a few XP boost. Naisu went over the head and Nakago I see is a bit too slim. I mean, for a D-rank mission, 10 XP is something a little less than a post you can make anywhere. And with that, I want to suggest lowering the bonuses per post. If you don't want people stat grinding, don't offer bonuses for every little thing they do. Going off of Naisu's calculations, 2-3 stat per post is a bit too critical if you want to avoid stat grinding.

Quote :
XP System:

basic topic grades (normal Character Development and Training Topics, and Spars)

10 XP per post
5 XP per every 300 words in a post
10 XP granted for a topic with no spelling errors (half for a topic with spelling errors, so 5)
10 XP granted for doing an excellent job at handling a situation in the topic (ie- overcoming your opponent in a spar with a clever combo of attacks and good strategy, or sneaking around without being noticed)

extra topic grades (Training w/Sensei, Event, Battle)

+10 XP per post for training with a Sensei
+ 25 XP for an Event topic participated in
+ 100 XP for winning in a battle topic which you could have been killed OR +50 for escaping a battle topic in which you could have been killed

Quote :
Value of Attribute : Amount of Experience Needed To Increase It

1 - 10 : 15
11 - 20 : 25
21 - 30 : 35
31 - 40 : 45
41 - 50 : 55
51 - 60 : 65
61 - 70 : 80
71 - 80 : 90
81 - 90 : 100
91 - 100: 120

Quote :

D-rank Missions grant an extra 25 exp. Minimum 4 posts. 10,000-50,000 yen.
C-rank Missions grant an extra 35 exp. Minimum 8 posts. 60,000-100,000 yen.
B-rank Missions grant an extra 50 exp. Minimum 12 posts. 110,000-200,000 yen.
A-rank missions grant an extra 75 exp. Minimum 16 posts. 210,000-400,000 yen
S-rank missions grant and extra 110 exp. Minimum 20 posts. 410,000-750,000 yen.
SS-rank mission grant an extra 160 exp. Minimum 24 posts. 760,000-1,000,000 is village sponsored. PC SS missions have no set max yen.

Certain PC missions have no set requirement for post and is complete when the job is done.

I gave the missions a stronger XP amount for a little flavor. May I also remind PC missions have no real post limits. For an S-rank you shouldn't HAVE to fiddle around for 20 post, but I'm sure you knew that.

Now with this new set up- Doing a D-rank mission with a Sensei and 300 words a post would give a total of 100 XP which would be roughly 4 stats for the 11-20 range. It's not bad imo, but would you suggest broadened the system more like TNRPG or what?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Jounin
Jounin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Experience and "The System"   Experience and "The System" EmptySat May 04, 2013 3:07 pm

I really like what edits you have made Moutsu, and I agree with Nakago on the Yen system instead of Ryo, due to it being more realistic. Also thank you Niasu. Wlecome aboard!

I can understand why you think we should take spelling and grammar out of the basic exp gained, and the exp for doing exceptional. It would take a while to go through everyone's posts and fix their typing errors, and now that I think about it, some people might be lazy about grading and say someone did a good job when really they might have done a shitty job.lol

Now, the only thing I want to change about this is decreasing the the number of xp gained with a sensei to 5.

and how do you mean broadening it like TNRPG? example plz? :3

Also, we should probably figure out how civilians and samurai will benefit from this system, before we finalize it and put it up, but hey! I think we are nearly done with this, and this is one of the more dificult things to figure out!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Experience and "The System"   Experience and "The System" Empty

Back to top Go down

Experience and "The System"
Page 1 of 1